What is Veganuary?
The Veganuary movement inspired over half a million people in 2021 to try going vegan for a number of reasons relating to their health, the environment, animal welfare and some just for the challenge! If you are participating in Veganuary this year, then our Vegan Flapjack recipe is guaranteed to keep you feeling satisfied.
Are Vegan flapjacks good for you?
A Vegan flapjack is the perfect on-the-go breakfast, packed with slow energy-releasing carbohydrates. They are also a great way to ensure you are getting the right amount of protein when following a Vegan or plant-based diet. Oats - the primary ingredient for our award-winning flapjacks - have a unique protein composition and high protein content of 11-15%. This makes them one of the best grains to eat to increase protein in your diet!
Vegan flapjacks also make for a good snack if you are feeling low on energy and are simple to customise for your ideal taste. Add nuts for a source of healthy fats or dried fruit for natural sweetness or opt for something sweeter like Vegan chocolate chunks!
Vegan Flapjack Recipe
- 250g of Mornflake Oats
- 200g of Vegan Butter/ 210ml of Plant Oils (Sunflower, Linseed etc.)
- 90g of Golden Syrup
- 140g of Brown Sugar
- Dried Fruit
- Vegan Chocolate Chunks
- Nuts & Seeds
- Preheat your oven to 180 degrees Celsius and line a large baking tray.
- Melt the vegan butter over a low heat. Once melted, combine the vegan butter with the golden syrups and brown sugar. If you are using plant oils, simply add the sugar and golden syrup and stir until well combined.
- Stir in the oats as well as any additional, optional ingredients. Top tip: save some of the extras to scatter along the top of the flapjacks for decoration!
- Once combined, press the mixture into your lined baking tray. Scatter your toppings if you have any!
- Bake for 20 minutes or until golden brown. Allow to cool before slicing (if you can wait that long!)
Don't feel like making your own? Browse our range of Vegan flapjacks and order your favourites!
Free delivery on orders over £35. Orders placed before 12pm will be delivered on the next working day.