Why Set A New Year’s Resolution?
A New Year’s Resolution can take many forms which are generally aimed at self-improvement. New Year’s Resolutions are a great way to kick bad habits that have snuck into a persons every day routine. A resolution could be to take up a new hobby or start a new project, to cook more often, or to spend more quality time with friends and family. Many people choose a New Years Resolution that is focused on eating healthier and getting fitter, especially after all the Christmas indulgence.
Ideas For Your New Year's Resolution
Some New Year Resolution ideas to help you get fitter and healthier:
- Take up a new sport
- Cut back or stop smoking
- Reduce processed foods and drinks in your diet
- Try eating a vegetarian or vegan diet for one or more days a week
- Set yourself some fitness goals for example you could enter a competition or challenge
- Join a gym, fitness class, running or walking club
- Cook at home instead of getting fast food takeaways
- Cut back or stop drinking alcohol
Oatopia flapjacks and energy balls contain natural ingredients which make them a great choice for anyone trying to cut back on processed food in the diet. They are a delicious energising snack, perfect for that mid-afternoon energy slump when you need a pick-me-up.
How To Stick to Your New Year’s Resolution
Many people start the new year with the best intentions to keep their New Year Resolution going but often give up over time. Here are some tips for making your New Year resolution stick:
- Don’t set an unrealistic resolution. It has to be something achievable.
- Make a resolution with a friend or family member so that you can support and encourage each other stick to it.
- Write down the reasons why you chose your New Year’s Resolution in your phone so that you can easily remind yourself and stay motivated. You could also write the reasons down and stick them up in a place you’ll regularly see them.
- Keep track of your progress and reward yourself for sticking to your resolution! We suggest rewarding yourself every couple of weeks or every month with your favourite Oatopia flapjacks.
- Purchase a class card for an activity so that your committed to doing it for more than one session!