When it comes to sweet treats that are easy to whip up, we know our flapjacks come out on top! Not only are they delicious, they also make for a filling treat that will satisfy any sweet tooth. We have been experimenting at Oat HQ with different ways to enjoy our flapjacks and can’t wait to share our favourites with you.
Flapjack and Custard
As we move into Autumn there is no better combination than flapjacks and custard. Pair an Oatopia Salted Caramel flapjack with some homemade custard for the perfect sweet treat.
How to make custard? You only need three main ingredients to make fresh custard, these are eggs, caster sugar and milk. You can also add a vanilla pod to the mix to flavour the custard if you like. Whisk 5 eggs with 80g caster sugar, then add to a pan with 500ml of milk and cook on a low heat. Don't bring the mix to the boil! Stir continuously until the custard is a thick enough consistency to coat the back of a spoon. Then pour the custard over your favourite flapjack and you have the dessert of dreams!
Flapjack and Ice Cream
Perfect for the Summer days and nights, pairing our delicious flapjacks with an ice cream flavour of your choice creates the ideal, cool dessert. Heat your favourite Oatopia flapjack for 30 seconds in your microwave before adding a large scoop of ice cream on top. If you can’t wait for the flapjack to heat up before enjoying this mouth-watering dessert, enjoy cold!
Some of our favourite ice cream and flapjack combinations include;
- Black Forest Gateau flapjack with Madagascan Vanilla Gelato
- Dark Chocolate & Himalayan Salt flapjack with Strawberry Ice Cream
- Salted Caramel flapjack with Biscoff Ice Cream
Add seasonal fruits for a fresh kick to balance out your dessert and cut through the sweetness.
Oatopia’s Take On Yoghurt & Granola
The breakfast of champions! Swap your granola for an Oatopia Breakfast Bar. Start by placing the yoghurt of your choice into a bowl before placing seasonal fruits or compote on top. Crumble your Oatopia Breakfast Bar over the yoghurt and fruit, replacing your usual granola.
Add a drizzle of honey for greater sweetness if you need it and include a mix of nuts and seeds to increase protein, healthy fats and fibre.
Our current favourite yoghurt and flapjack combination includes;
- Greek yoghurt (replace with a dairy-free alternative if you are intolerant or Vegan)
- Fresh strawberries, banana, blueberries and grapes
- Oatopia Breakfast Bar flapjack (suitable for Vegans and our Great Taste Award 2020 winner!)
- Honey (locally sourced preferably!)
- Nut & seed mix
Our take on the popular Eton Mess! Swap out the traditional meringues for your favourite flapjack. Create layers of fresh fruit, freshly whipped double cream and Oatopia flapjack in the serving dish of your choice. This dessert is perfect for sharing with friends and family when made in bigger portions. We love pairing our Almond Bakewell flapjack with fresh cream and pitted cherries, finished with a drizzle of cherry coulis.
Re-create the classic Eton Mess flavours by pairing our original flapjack with fresh strawberries and raspberries with whipped cream and a berry coulis.
You can order our flapjacks via our online shop. Choose from over 15 flavours and enjoy next working day delivery when you place your order before 12pm. Free delivery on all orders over £35.
Bircher Muesli with a Twist!
Mix up your morning muesli bowl with one of our flapjacks as a sweet topping! Muesli bowls are a great breakfast or snack idea! Their health benefits as well as their simplicity make them an integral part of your day! Apples, hazelnuts and dried fruits are ingredients which are typically used in Bircher Museli, but switch in and out ingredients to make it a personal recipe. Simply mix one cup of oats with two cup's of yoghurt. Mix well and leave in the fridge for around an hour. Take your muesli and mix in a drizzle of honey, a handful of hazelnuts and dates, and finally freshly grated apples. Here's where we come in! Our apple and cinnamon flapjack works perfectly with this recipe. Simply crumble it up and sprinkle generously over the top. Alternatively, you could warm up the flapjack in the microwave for 30 seconds before topping. This gives the muesli a great warm-cold sensation!
Overnight Oats to go!
Here at Oatopia, we choose ease over speed. Who has time to make a healthy, nutritious breakfast every morning before work? Rushing around trying to do your hair whilst also slicing fruit just doesn't sound ideal to us! This is why we believe overnight oats are so great and are even better with a little help from our flapjacks! Using our Peanut Butter flapjacks and some chocolate chips, we’ve created overnight oats which taste just like a Snickers bar!
To create these yourself, simply:
- Add half a cup of oats, half a cup of milk and half a cup of plain, greek or vanilla yogurt to an airtight jar or container.
- Add a big spoonful of peanut butter, a dash of honey and a handful of dark chocolate chips and mix well.
- Sprinkle some of our Peanut Butter flapjack on top and refrigerate overnight.
A super quick recipe but savour every minute you can in the morning! Experiment with different flavour combinations and let us know which flavour flapjack you’ve been enjoying in your overnight oats!
Smoothie Protein Bowl 2.0
There is no better breakfast on a sunny morning than a sweet, fruit smoothie! Or is there? Here at Oatopia we believe that pairing one of our Banutty Protein flapjacks with a classic mixed berry smoothie bowl is the way to upgrade it! Smoothie bowls are packed full of nutrients, so why not add some of our oats for a little extra fibre. Give it a go and fuel your morning with a new and improved smoothie bowl.
We’ve perfected the best smoothie and oat recipe, so follow along from below:
- Start off by adding a generous amount of frozen berries, half a banana and two heaped tablespoons of greek yoghurt to a blender.
- Add a splash of oat or coconut milk and a dash of honey for sweetness.
- Break off half of your Banutty Oatopia flapjack and add it into the blender (this will thicken up the smoothie!)
- Add more milk depending on your preferred consistency
- Pour the smoothie into a bowl and crush up the other half of the flapjack and sprinkle on top.
- Add any extra toppings to the bowl (we suggest some chia or hemp seeds, flaked almonds and sliced strawberries).
You can order our flapjacks via our online shop. Choose from over 15 flavours and enjoy next working day delivery when you place your order before 1pm. Free delivery on all orders over £35.