Whether you’re a seasoned skier or hitting the slopes for the first time it is easy to forget some of the essentials! Check out our ski essentials pack list:
- Suncream & chapstick. Take a 30+ spf suncream and apply it every morning to your face. The temperatures may be cold but the sun exposure can be intense and you’ll be surprised how easy it is to burn! Chapstick to protect and moisturise your lips from the cold is also an absolute must have.
- Snacks! You’ll burn a lot of energy skiing so easy to eat and naturally energising snacks like an Oatopia flapjack or energy balls are essential for keeping you (and your mates) going in the mountains all day. Food on the ski slopes can be limited, (especially for vegans and vegetarians) and usually expensive, so it’s best to go prepared with snacks and packed lunch.
- A neck warmer or buff. For those chair lift rides and cold descents keep the cold air off your face and neck with a cosy buff/neck warmer.
- Ski goggles. Normally you cannot rent these in a ski resort, so make sure you buy some in advance to avoid the high prices in the resort. Changeable lenses for sunshine and low visibility are best.
- A water bottle, camelback or thermos flask
- A battery pack for your phone - keep your phone charged up so you can always call and find your mates if you lose each other.
- Travel adaptors
- Ski gloves and socks
- Pain killers. We don’t want to scare you but falling over when learning to ski is quite likely. Best to take some pain killers such as ibuprofen just in case.
- Walking boots or water proof shoes with good grip for walking around the resort.
Everything else like your ski/snowboard boots, skis/snowboard and helmet you can hire when you arrive at the ski resort.
We hope you have a fun trip! Make sure to take a photo with your Oatopia flapjack on the slopes and tag us on Instagram @oatopia.uk